Current Openings and Internships
With 15 offices statewide, 400 positions and important work to do, we at the Washington State Auditor’s Office (SAO) always welcome talented people to join our team.
Would you like to talk to an SAO recruiter? Email our recruitment staff
Current SAO openings
- Applications Developer (Olympia duty station) – Apply here
- IT Auditor (Statewide Candidate pool) – Apply here
- Assistant State Auditor 1, 2, or 3 (Single Audit – Olympia) – Apply here
- Assistant State Auditor (Statewide Candidate pool) – we currently have openings in the following locations: Tri-Cities, North King County, Central King County, Tacoma, and Yakima – Apply here
- Audit Intern (Statewide Candidate Pool) – Apply here
Build your skills through an internship
SAO’s paid internships give you a chance to learn by working alongside professionals. Audit interns have opportunities to provide support for large and small audits. As interns grow their skills, they take on assignments with increased complexity and responsibility. We offer internship opportunities during the summer and year-round.
Internships are open to students who have:
- completed their sophomore year
- strong computer skills
- strong written and verbal communications skills
- completed some accounting course work
For College Seniors
We encourage students interested in financial or compliance auditing to apply within 3 months of graduation for Assistant State Auditor positions with our office.
Performance Audit Workshop — February 17, 2020 at 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This workshop is for students who are currently enrolled in a college degree program, especially in public administration, public policy, political science, economics, law, social sciences, or business.
The Washington State Auditor’s Office (SAO) is an equal opportunity employer. SAO does not discriminate and provides equal access to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, color, gender, religion, creed, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, veteran’s status or the presence of any physical, sensory or mental disability. If you have a disability and need assistance in the application or testing process, or need job announcements in another format, please call 360-725-5385. If you have a hearing impairment, you can also reach us via TTY.