Cybersecurity resources for local governments in Washington
Local governments in Washington need to respond to ever-evolving cybersecurity threats to their systems and data. We know that trying to sort through the available information can be time-consuming and anxiety-provoking. That’s why we’ve created a place for local governments to start and #BeCyberSmart. View or download our one-page handout on the top three things each role in a local government can do.
Curated information for you, no matter what role you have
Everyone in a local government has an important role to play in helping to minimize cybersecurity risks. All staff should be proactive in protecting information and systems. Learn more about your role in how to #BeCyberSmart with the profiles below.
Are you a part of a state agency looking for cybersecurity resources?
- Include cyber-risks when performing entity-wide risk assessments
- Develop and maintain policies and standards for your organization related to cybersecurity
- Adequately fund cybersecurity
Download the PDF Leading the Way »
- Train employees on cybersecurity
- Evaluate and support staffing needs to address cyber-risks
- Protect access to sensitive employee information through cybersecurity best practices
Download the PDF People Matter in Cybersecurity »
- Fund cybersecurity to enable its success
- Work with other departments to ensure third party contracts include appropriate cybersecurity accountability clauses
- Protect sensitive financial, legal and other confidential information
Download the PDF Finance Matters »
- Educate yourself on the legal implications of cybersecurity
- Implement an effective compliance program
- Actively work across teams to create holistic risk mitigation plan
Download the PDF Understanding Laws and Risks »
Cybersecurity conferences and trainings coming soon:
WA Finance Officers Association Annual Conference
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
Yakima Convention Center
Register here: httpswww.wfoa.org/training-header/conference/
Eastern WA Finance Officer Association Fall Meeting
Friday, October 11th, 2019
For meeting registration contact: Leslie Trachsler, Finance Director — City of Ephrata
Sign up for news and alerts to be notified when we add more information to help local governments #BeCyberSmart.