We're hiring right now!
We are actively recruiting for career opportunities across the state. You can work directly with local and state governments to help them work better, cost less and deliver high value to the taxpayers.
We understand that you value both hard work and a sustainable work/life balance. So we offer such things as telecommuting and flexible work schedules.
And, of course, we offer paid vacation and sick leave, medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plans, as well as life and disability insurance plans. And you may be eligible for federal student loan forgiveness after 10 years of state service.
You will be provided training, mentoring and coaching through your professional development plans. In your first year, you can expect to complete several in-training promotional steps. We will help you get the knowledge to go as far as your skill and aspirations can take you in your career.
We even offer paid summer and year-round internships across the state and many of the interns continue their audit careers with us when they graduate.
Best of all, you'll be joining a diverse team of people who bring a wide variety of educational and career backgrounds and are skilled in critical thinking, interpersonal relations, and communications.
- Assistant State Auditor (Statewide Candidate pool) - we have current openings in the following locations: Bellingham, Kennewick, Kent, Pullman, Seattle, Spokane, Vancouver, Walla Walla and Wenatchee. Apply by clicking here.
- Audit Intern (Statewide Candidate Pool) - we have current openings in the following locations: Port Orchard, Tacoma, and Yakima. Apply by clicking here.
- Cybersecurity Program Associate - Olympia duty station, apply by clicking here.
- IT Auditor (Assistant State Auditor) - Olympia and other locations. Apply by clicking here.
- IT Help Desk Specialist (ITS 1) - Olympia duty station, apply by clicking here.
- Performance Audit Intern (Olympia) - Apply by clicking here.
Learn more by emailing your questions to one of our recruiters.
The Auditor's Office is an equal opportunity employer. If you have a disability and need assistance in the application or testing process, or need job announcements in another format, please call (360) 725-5623. If you have a hearing impairment, you can also reach us via TTY.